How to password protect a page in WordPress.
It’s understandable that you would want to keep certain pictures, videos, and other data private and away from prying eyes. In this article, we’ll show you how to password protect a page on your WordPress site so that only people with the correct password can access it..
Why password protect a page?
There are a few reasons why you might want to password protect a page on your website. Maybe you’re selling a product and you want to give customers access to a special, password-protected page with more information about the product.
Or maybe you have sensitive information on a page that you only want certain people to be able to see. Whatever the reason, password protecting a page is a fairly simple process.
Password protecting a page is a good way to keep sensitive information private, or to give customers or clients access to special information.
How to password protect a page in WordPress?
If you want to password protect a page in WordPress, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to pages, then to the page or create a new page that you want to password protect in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the Edit link for that page.
- In the Page settings section, select the Password Protected option on the right hand
- Enter a password in the text field.
- Save your changes. Now, when someone tries to view that page, they will be prompted to enter the password you set.
Overall, password protecting a page in WordPress is easy. You can secure almost any page of your site with a password.