Become a HOSTAFRICA Affiliate – Everything you Need to Know
Having many income streams has become the standard operating procedure. Besides blogging and podcasting, affiliate marketing is another low-cost side hustle.
Fortunately, we’ve got an affiliate programme that would suit any ambitious person perfectly.
What is an affiliate?
An affiliate is someone who promotes and refers business to an organisation. So, if you sign up for our affiliate programme, you’ll be a HOSTAFRICA affiliate.
If the person you refer to us makes a purchase using your unique referral link, you get a commission. It’s as simple as that.
Here are some of the benefits of our affiliate programme:
- Earn commission – You get 5% commission for every referral you make
- Signup bonus – Pocket a KSh3,500 just for signing up
- Recurring earnings – Get residual income with every recurring payment your referral makes
- Free marketing tools – Use our ready-made banners for simple, but effective marketing.
If it seems easy, that’s because it is. As long as you make referrals, you’ll keep getting paid.
In a nutshell, it works like this:
- Refer: Promote us to your network using your affiliate link
- Earn: Make 5% commission on every referral that results in a sale
- Payout: Enjoy a steady side income for every recurring payment from active services.
That about sums up the simple three-step referral process.
The payout system works like this:
- Schedule – Every successful referral will secure you a payout, starting from KSh7,000
- Credit system – Every time you successfully get a referral, we apply credit directly to your affiliate account. You can keep track of it in real time!
- Minimum threshold – Once you have a minimum of KSh7,000 in your account you can request for it to be paid directly to your bank account.
- Requesting payouts – To take your commissions home, click to withdraw from your affiliates page in WHMCS.
How to sign up and become a HOSTAFRICA affiliate
The only thing easier than earning commission is the sign-up process. Follow these steps to get your custom HOSTAFRICA affiliate link.
- From your client area, click on the “Affiliate” button at the top of the navigation.
- You’ll land on the Activate Affiliate Account Page. From there, click the “Activate Affiliate Account” button.
- Now you’re an official HOSTAFRICA affiliate. Be sure to use your unique referral link in your social posts, blog posts, and the free marketing banners.
Our brand guidelines
You’ll notice that all of our affiliate banners lean towards a certain look. That’s our branding coming into play. Another thing you’ll see is that our logo is clearly visible and unobstructed.
We’d appreciate it if you adhere to the guidelines we laid out. This will show any referral exactly where you’re taking them and who we are as a company. You can access our brand guidelines here.
Where to get marketing material
We start you off with a set of free banners that you can easily add to your website. The colour scheme follows our branding we laid out above.
Don’t forget to add your referral link to the images so they actually link to our website.
Once you’ve bagged your banners, head to our blog and read some of our marketing posts. These two should get you started:
These posts will give you an overview of how to go about affiliate marketing and provide some good general marketing tips.
Once you’ve digested that, you’re good to go.
How to market your affiliate business successfully
Before you start marketing your affiliate programme, you need two key things:
- A decent following in a specific niche
- A reliable and trustworthy brand.
If you don’t have anyone following your social media or blog, how will people find your referral code?
And if your followers don’t trust you, why would they use your referral code when you suggest something to them?
To address these questions, you need to create a brand for yourself and build a following. These things take some time, but if you stick with it, people will value your opinion and suggestions.
Especially if it’s in a field you’re an expert in, like web design or web development.
Pick your niche and build trust
That’s not to say that you can only suggest our web hosting products only if you’re in the IT sector.
Let’s say your brand is centred around gardening and your followers trust you. When you suggest they start their website using our hosting, they’ll take your word for it.
That’s because you’ve given them great gardening advice up until now and they know your word is solid.
That’s how you leverage:
- Your following
- Your brand.
You can do this on the channel of your choice. Of course, it helps if you have a website of your own to showcase.
In essence, becoming a HOSTAFRICA affiliate is using your reputation to endorse us. We take web hosting seriously and excel at what we do, so your referral will be in the best hands.
Since you’re hosting with us, you already know this. If you aren’t, find out first-hand why we’re a top-rated web hosting company.